The Webinar Series
Become a Landscape For Life teacher and share your knowledge with the world!
The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and United States Botanic Garden have developed a Landscape For Life webinar series that is available anytime free of charge. This training is ideal for botanic garden and horticulture educators, master gardeners, master naturalists, garden clubs, landscape architects/designers and those interested in teaching sustainable gardening practices.
The series of five two-hour webinars offers helpful teaching tips and tools that show you how to effectively utilize the Instructor’s Manual to deliver this valuable information to your target audience. The manual and resources provided are a complete teaching toolbox that comes with ready-to-go presentations that make the Landscape For Life classes convenient to offer in your area.
A Student’s Manual is also available.
Things to Know
- The LFL curriculum is intended to be taught as a holistic educational program.
- The five classes should be taught successively, as each class and homework assignment builds on previous material, resulting in a clear and integrated understanding of sustainable gardening principles and techniques.
- Visit our Course Materials page to download and review the curriculum materials.
- Please note, all participants should possess sufficient gardening/horticulture/landscape design knowledge and experience, specifically in your EPA Level III Ecoregion, to teach the classes.
- Prior teaching experience is recommended.
- Participants are expected to teach the Landscape For Life classes within one year of completing the training.
For more information about the webinar series, please contact Tanya Zastrow.
Already completed the teacher training?
Hardware and Connection Requirements
- A high speed internet connection is required for participation, preferably a hard-wired connection opposed to wireless.
- A desktop or laptop computer is recommended over a tablet device.
- The computer will need functioning speakers to hear the webinars, however wired headphones are recommended.
- Special accommodations may also be made available with advanced notice.