FREE Landscape For Life™ ‘Train the Trainer’ Webinar Series
The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and the United States Botanic Garden will be offering a new Landscape For Life™ ‘Train the Trainer’ webinar series free of charge in January-February 2016. Bring Landscape For Life (LFL) to your community by becoming an official trainer! This training is ideal for botanic garden and horticulture educators, master gardeners, master naturalists, garden clubs, landscape architects/designers and those interested in teaching sustainable gardening practices.
The series of five, two-hour webinars offers helpful teaching tips and tools that show you how to effectively utilize the LFL instructor’s manual to deliver this valuable information to your target audience. The manual and resources provided are a complete teaching toolbox that comes with ready to go presentations that make the Landscape For Life classes convenient to offer in your area. Student Manuals are also available!
The webinar series is a unique opportunity that provides the following benefits:
- Discussions with the authors of the curriculum
- Open communication with like-minded educators and colleagues
- Information on relevant topics of landscape sustainability for homeowners
- Access to additional instructor resources pertaining to landscape sustainability
- Hands-on experience through topical homework assignments
The LFL curriculum is intended to be taught as a holistic educational program. The five classes should be taught successively in a series, as each class and homework assignment builds on the other, resulting in a clear and integrated understanding of sustainable gardening principles and techniques. Please see our Resources Page to download and review the curriculum materials.
Please note, all participants should possess sufficient gardening/horticulture/landscape design knowledge and experience, specifically in your EPA ecoregion Level III, to teach the classes. Prior teaching experience is recommended.
Participants are expected to teach the Landscape For Life classes within one year of completing the training.
Hardware & Connection Requirements:
- A high speed internet connection is required for participation, preferably a hard-wired connection opposed to wireless.
- A desktop or laptop computer is recommended over a tablet device.
- The computer will need functioning speakers to hear the webinars, however wired headphones are recommended.
- Special accommodations may also be made available with advanced notice.
Landscape For Life ‘Train the Trainer’ Webinar Series Schedule
Tuesdays, 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. central time. Participants must be able to attend all five webinars. Meet the Facilitators
Class Dates 2016
Applications available here: 2016 LFL Trainer Application.
Due no later than January 5, 2016.
Please return completed application to email@example.com.