FREE Landscape For Life™ ‘Train the Trainer’ Webinar Series
The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and the United States Botanic Garden are calling for applications for the new Landscape For Life™ ‘Train the Trainer’ webinar series offered free of charge in 2014. Bring Landscape For Life to your community by becoming an official trainer. Ideal for botanic garden and horticulture educators, master gardeners, master naturalists, garden clubs, landscape architects/designers and those interested in teaching sustainable gardening practices.
The series of five, two-hour webinars offers helpful teaching tips and tools that show you how to effectively utilize the recently updated instructor’s manual to deliver this valuable information to your target audience. The manual is a complete teaching toolbox that comes with ready to go presentations that make the Landscape For Life classes convenient to offer in your area.
A new Student’s Manual is also now available!
The webinar series is a unique opportunity that provides the following benefits:
- Discussions with the author of the curriculum
- An open dialogue with like-minded educators and colleagues
- Become better equipped to explore relevant topics of landscape sustainability with homeowners
- Access to additional instructor resources pertaining to landscape sustainability
- Gain hands-on experience through topical homework assignments
The LFL curriculum is intended to be taught as a holistic educational program. The five classes should be taught together in a series as each class and homework assignment builds on the other resulting in a clear and integrated understanding of sustainable gardening principles and techniques. Please see our Resources Page to download and review the curriculum materials.
Please note all participants should possess sufficient gardening/horticulture background knowledge and experience to teach the classes. Some prior teaching experience is recommended.
We expect trainers to teach the Landscape For Life classes within one year of completing the training.
Only one representative per organization will be accepted.
Hardware & Connection Requirements:
- A high speed internet connection is required for participation.
- A wired, high speed internet connection is recommended over a wireless connection.
- A computer/laptop is recommended over a tablet device.
- The computer will need functioning speakers to hear the webinars. Some trainers found that using a wired headset/headphones was helpful.
- Audio conferencing via phone is also made available.
Landscape For Life ‘Train the Trainer’ Webinar Series Schedule
Offered Tuesdays, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. central time. Must be able to participate in all five webinars.
Class Dates Fall 2014
If you are interested in applying for the fall 2014 training series, please complete the form below. Only one representative per organization will be accepted.
Application Deadline- October 1, 2014
Thank you for your interest in teaching Landscape For Life in your community!All fields are required